Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well It's here...
Happy Halloween!!

Our festivities began on Saturday. Every year, it's tradition to go down to our friends house for a little Halloween/Birthday celebration. It's always fun to get together for laughs, fellowship and a little football!

Pumpkin Carving

Each couple was asked to carve a pumpkin.  I would not consider Brant nor myself very 'astistic'. We tend to focus our expertise on trying to win football contests...ha! As a reminder, I will have to remember next year to purchase a pumpkin carving kit. Cutting a pumpkin with a steak knife is not the best tool to use. Also scraping the seeds and slimy mess out makes me want to gag...sorry for the details.

Brant and I never really discussed what we wanted to carve. We thought about a Gamecock and a SC Palmetto tree...but so did our friends. Great minds think alike!  I just wish our pumpkin looked as good as theirs.

So, we went with the St. Louis Cardinals since they just won the 2011 World Series. Yeah!! I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I do have an official Cardinals shirt with Pujols on the back.



We tried! I hope the Cardinals forgive us for making their logo look so B.A.D.
Do you see the nail holding up a piece we accidently cut off?



The competition - aka Palmetto tree, Halloween, None - spelled out, Gamecock and STL Cardinals logo.
We failed big time!

I think we took 5th place.

The Gamecock was my favorite.

Costumes

We also had the option to dress up in costumes. We had Teen wolf, the most interesting man in the world - Dos Equis, A sack of Hell, and a Jersey Shore guido. It was funny! But the most hilarious part was when the Dos Equis man drove Teen wolf around the neighborhood while dancing on the top of a van...aka truck!

Could you imagine? This is what it was supposed to look like:



I did NOT get a picture of this since my camera battery decided to die. But, I'm thinking this will go down in the history books for the best Halloween enterance yet! 

I'll finish up with some pictures from the rest of the night.







We ended the night with a Gamecock win and some great memories!

Happy Halloween 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment