Thursday, November 3, 2011

Keep Calm...Be Thankful!

I cannot believe it's November. It seems like yesterday I was talking about the cicadas that emerged this past Spring. Furthermore, where did Summer go??  I remember it being so unbearably hot this past July in Hilton Head that their was no point in wearing makeup..it would just melt off! It always seems like I am wishing time away for the next season. I have got to stop doing that and live in the moment!

November reminds me to count my blessings. As I reflect over this past year, I realize that my trials do not compare to what other people go though. I have a wonderful marriage, a loving family, my health, a paying job, etc, etc.etc... I could go on and on.  I'm so blessed and I have God to thank for that. I am a true believer that God gives us nothing we can't handle. During the trials, I have to remind myself to "let go and let God" take control.

For a while, I have been looking for a daily devotional specifically written for a woman. For some reason, it seems like I was drawn to read the book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. (I kept seeing the title everywhere I looked.) So far it has been wonderful! It's written as if God is talking directly to me. I started reading at the end of October in the book and will continue to read daily for the next year. I just could not wait to begin the book in January; too excited I guess. So, if you want a good devotional - get this book!
I saw a cute idea on Pinterest for a Thanksgiving tree. It seems really easy to make and a great activity to bring out year after year.  Check out the website here: http://befickle.blogspot.com/2010/11/thankful-trees-activity-days.html


If I could slow time down, it would be RIGHT now! Enjoy life, don't sweat the small stuff, and count your blessings!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment