Friday, November 18, 2011

Leaves, Panthers & Shopping!

Here is another totally random blog; get excited!! 
I'm really LOVING the leaves. I'm sure it pains my husband for me to write this, since he blows the driveway about every other day (which is an understatement). Oh well, they are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l!  I want to snag some outside pics before they are gone.

My Alma mater  (Abbeville High) is playing for the Upper State Championship tonight. Go Panthers!  Disclaimer: I come from a school that is pretty awesome at sports, especially football. We typically go far in the playoffs.  It is definitely a town affair each Friday night during the season. My Dad was on the 1971 3A State Championship team. They were honored a few weeks back in which they proudly showed off their newly purchased rings. Bless it, they did not get rings like our guys do now.  My brother was also a member of a State Championship team in 1996.  There is always a debate in the house about which team was the best Abbeville team in history.

Brant's cousin (Jamie) is also in the pictures below.  He is the current head coach at Abbeville.  He also won a state championship as a player in 1981.  He was a coach on the 1996 team my brother played on.  Last year, he was able to win his first State Title as a head coach.  Hopefully, the team wins the next two games and that will be another championship. So, for the record football is a BIG deal for my family - on both sides!






 
Brant and I plan to head to Columbia tomorrow to watch the Gamecocks play and do a little shopping. Some people do not like early games, but I'm all for it. I'm about 1/2 way through on my Christmas shopping - which is good. I plan to be done, fin, complete, by the end of this month. So, if your on my list - you better tell me what you want. We have a slam packed December and there is no time for shopping. Brant and I have to play Mary and Joseph in our church nativity - no joke.

Twenty-five minutes until kickoff. Goooo Panthers!


No comments:

Post a Comment