Sunday, June 24, 2012

Catching Up (weeks 21 & 22)

Hello Summer! Yesterday was absolutely unbearable for me. I could barely walk outside without the heat and humidity taking my breath away.  Oh well, welcome to the South! I guess the hot weather will cease when baby Liv arrives.  

I've started many projects and have yet to finish one. Shame, shame...Pinterest is getting me in trouble! 

Let's see - I have a half painted mantle, unfinished hair bow holder and a glider/rocker that needs a slip cover. I also need to order fabric for the slip cover, bed skirt for the crib and pillows. As a side note; Brant and I have decided to forgo the typical crib bedding and not have a bumper. As pretty as they are, we just don't want to risk a safety issue of something happening with suffocation. It's better to be proactive than not active at all!  Baby Liv's bedding will be lovingly made which will be much more meaningful!

I really don't know how to describe the decor of the nursery. Something along the lines of modern, vintage, cozy and chic all meshed into one. I told you it was hard to describe, ha!  

In other news, how AWESOME is it to be a Gamecock fan right about now? Our defending National Champions have another opportunity to win the CWS title and make it a three-peat! I'm not too sure about everyone in the state of South Carolina, (we do have some haters) but I feel good, ecstatic about our current situation! We are two games away from another win and can only hope LB Dantzler's fish, "Reptar" helps us out with two more victories against Arizona. Fear the fish!! 



18 more weeks to go for baby Liv! 


How far along? 22 weeks

Maternity clothes? Yes. They feel so much better than trying to constrain my belly into tight pants. I LOVE dresses! 

Symptoms? Back pain and a few headaches.

Stretch marks? None! Hopefully they will stay away! I'm religious with the use of my creme..lol

Sleep?  I'm sleeping pretty well. Once my head hits the pillow, I'm out! 

Best moment this week? Feeling and (seeing) some kicks on the left side of my belly & receiving some girly outfits from Zulilly.com.

Movement? See above - I'm ready for her to really move. She was moving some during church today.  She just loves joyful music and preaching. ;-)

Cravings? Firehouse 'hook and ladder' sub.... that about sums it up! 

Gender? She's still a girl:) Sarah Olivia (Liv) Anderson
 
Labor Signs? Goodness no!

Belly button In or Out? So in.

What I miss? Being productive, turkey sandwiches, not feeling like a walrus in a swimsuit! 

What I'm looking forward to? Next doctors appointment which is Wednesday. Completing some unfinished projects and making some fabric rosettes.

Weekly wisdom? Avoid putting SPF sunscreen on babies until 6 months of age. 

Milestones?  Grandma, 'Gabby' had a Birthday on Friday, Gamecocks are playing for the CWS - 3rd year and first Gamecock outfit is in the process of being made. 


3 comments:

  1. You know I love my Clemson Tigers but I am from South Carolina so I am pulling for the gamecocks to represent us big time!!

    Love your pictures....

    and you are not a Walrus! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this JB? You're the nicest Clemson fan I know!! I sure feel like a Walrus; some days more than others. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to meet Liv! :)

    ReplyDelete