Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve!

This has got to be the warmest Christmas season on record. It's literally t-shirt and shorts aka {skirt} kind of weather.  I have been very MIA from the blogger world. I work at a hospital....we never shut down which has it's advantages (job security) and disadvantages (never any time off).  When I do have a day off, I'm just sluggish or "lazy" by choice.

I finished my Christmas shopping around the first of December....and I feel so great about it. I decided to run a quick errand to the mall this morning, but  saw the madness. No way will I ever be a last minute shopper....ever! It's not worth the traffic, long lines, or stress. 

My family and I saw one of our favorite Christmas movies A Christmas Story performed as a play at our local community theater. (You'll shoot your eye out!) I was amazed that they were able to fit all of the scenes of the movie into the play. They even had an adult Ralphie narrating the story the same as the movie! Kudos to Greenwood Community Theater.


We had a Christmas get together with our friends. It was fun as alawys, but definately low key. We have some friends that had just had their baby a few days before who could not make it (understandably). We also had some others missing too - so it was not our usual crowd. We did have the option to wear any ugly Christmas sweater. Being that my Mom is a teacher, she was able to help Brant and myself out. Thanks, Mom!

Each year, our church has a live drive-by nativity scene. This was the first year it was not freezing cold {due to global warming} or raining. (It was also the first year we did not have any live animals, which can be a good thing.) I'm pretty sure we have a lot of prayer from our congregation about the weather prior to the event each year. Their were some answered prayers! 

Now, I hardly ever get sick, but I was one sick cookie this year. My head, throat and stomach hurt. It was not my best...and I think our Pastor felt bad for me. I just hope I did not spread the germs when wearing the costumes. Brant and I did get to play Mary and Jospeh the first night. The best part about playing Mary is that she gets to sit down.


Sorry for the darkness in the picture. The shepard on the left is my Mom, Olivia.

Since my brother and sister-in-law live in Charleston, we usually do not get a chance to spend Christmas together. We celebrated Christmas the week before with them along with our extended family on my Mom's side. It was fun. I have not downloaded my pics yet, so I will post soon. We made smores, chatted, played dirty santa and all focused our attention on my nephew Elijah as expected..he's so cute. 

We have some celebrating to do with Brant's family tonight and plan to have a low key Christmas. I'm sure I'll share more details soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment